Paleo Chicken Ranch Taco Salad: - serves a few
- 1/2 lbs (ish) leftover chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1 tsp. coconut or olive oil
- 1/4 c. water
- Shredded lettuce
- Optional Toppings - sliced olives, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, bell peppers, hot sauce
- Non-optional Toppings - crushed sweet potato chips
- Raw Ranch Dressing
Mix together, 4 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano, 2 tsp each paprika and cumin, 4 tsp real salt, and 1/8-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
First, make the Raw Ranch Dressing and get that into the fridge to cool.
Then, in a skillet, heat the oil and add in chicken - I like to fry it for a minute to give some extra flavor. Add in water and taco seasoning, let simmer until liquid is gone.
Meanwhile, shred, chop, and dice all your toppings.
Assemble, lettuce, optional toppings, chicken, dressing, and crushed chips. How easy is that! The hardest part is making the dressing, but A - you will love it, and B - you'll have leftovers for snacking later!